Psoriasis And Happiness – Psohappy The Miracle App
Psoriasis and happiness – Is Psohappy the miracle app for psoriasis sufferers? Let’s find out what it is all about in this report.
Living with psoriasis would lose 30% happiness!
According to statistics held by the World Psoriasis Happiness Report 2018, 125 million people around the planet have psoriasis. As a result, subject to many misconceptions, patients often feel stigmatized, which reinforces the consequences of the disease on their daily lives.
As a reminder, psoriasis is a severe condition of the skin that causes thick scaly patches on the skin. These plaques are due to over-stimulation of skin cell growth that no longer allows the skin to control its growth, so they appear as scratchy red patches.
Although generally the plaques show up on the upper body some cases report plaques on the genital areas, causing extreme torture for these people, both physically and mentally.
But how to define and evaluate the impact of psoriasis on their happiness and well-being? A totally unexplored subject until a recent world study was conducted by Psohappy. You can download the free app by clicking on the Amazon image.
Psoriasis and happiness
Firstly, psoriasis is a chronic disease whose fallout can be very important for the daily lives of patients. But what impact does this pathology have on happiness? Meanwhile, to address this issue, a digital innovation laboratory, LEO Innovation Lab, launched the world’s first study on the happiness of people with psoriasis.
This study, called Psohappy, began in 2016 in the USA, the United Kingdom, Denmark and Canada. Following the first results obtained, the laboratory decided in 2017 to extend Psohappy to France and Spain. In France, the main partner is France Psoriasis, the only French association dedicated to supporting people with psoriasis and / or psoriatic arthritis and their relatives.
Thanks to Psohappy, patients with psoriasis can finally express their feelings and the impact of the disease on their daily lives. Crucial information is returned to better support them and improve their quality of life.
Note: The Psohappy app is available for free on the Apple Store and Google Play. It allows people with psoriasis to respond anonymously to weekly questionnaires. View the recording below to see how easy the app is to use …
I recommend to read – 5 Excellent Psoriasis Natural Treatments Home Remedies
How to participate in the study?
Till now, only a few researches have been done in the lives of psoriasis sufferers. By participating in our few short survey series, you will help us understand better what it is to be living with such skin condition.
We will only need for you to share your thoughts and experiences with us. You will receive a number of short questionnaires, aimed at various parts of your life and how psoriasis looking at how psoriasis controls them.
Our purpose is huge but our mission is quite simple.
When being part of our study, you will provide the worldwide research called “The Psoriasis Happiness Report” with invaluable information and get the psoriasis sufferers voice heard.
Each and every short questionnaires that you will answer about your life as a psoriasis sufferer will help this report to become one of the most thorough and valued pieces of research ever undertaken on the subject of psoriasis.
What have we accomplished up until now?
We got contribution from 121,800 individuals with self-detailed psoriasis from over 184 nations on how living with this endless disease impacts their happiness.
Our investigation demonstrates that living with psoriasis impacts individuals’ personal happiness over a wide range of emotional prosperity markers. At the point when individuals report serious indications. They additionally report that it brings down levels of satisfaction.
Utilizing the World Happiness Report 2017 as a benchmark, our investigation demonstrates that individuals living with serious psoriasis in a few nations report 30% lower levels of satisfaction than their close relations.
What emerges is the specific positioning of each of the 19 nations as indicated by their normal happiness levels.
Become a PsoHappy Ambassador by clicking on the image below …
When psoriasis reduces happiness …
Psohappy uses United Nations (UN) approved methods to measure the overall level of happiness and to explore inequalities of well-being. It uses different indicators of quality of life, such as self-esteem, loneliness, stress or physical discomfort.
Thanks to the 4,000 questionnaires completed by some 1,400 participants between May and October 2016, the study delivered first results showing the impact of psoriasis on happiness. Half of the patients have lower self-esteem and 41% say they rarely have confidence in themselves.
In comparison with the national average, people’s happiness level decreases by:
- 12% in Denmark;
- 20% in the USA;
- 24% in the United Kingdom.
Of all participants, 49.2% of people say that psoriasis has a significant impact on quality of life and 35% that the disease can lead to feelings of loss of control over important things in life.
10 key lessons
More generally, according to the World Happiness Report 2017, the daily life with psoriasis has repercussions on the quality of life and on various indicators of well-being.
From this report, the experts drew ten key lessons, which are:
- Psoriasis has repercussions on happiness. Severe psoriasis is associated in some countries with a 30% drop in happiness level. This effect is particularly pronounced in the Nordic countries, such as Denmark or Norway.
- Psoriasis affects women’s happiness more than men’s. The level of happiness is reduced respectively by 11.3% and 18.5% in men and women with severe psoriasis.
- The impact on happiness varies according to the symptoms of psoriasis: squames lead to a decrease of 11.7% on the level of happiness, against 22% in case of ambulatory difficulties (psoriatic arthritis).
- The drop in the level of happiness varies according to the area of the body affected: -7.5% for the scalp, -12.9% for the genitals.
- Stress is the predominant psychological indicator of malaise. The average level of stress exceeds that of the general population in all countries and 60% of participants say they feel daily distressed, to a moderate degree to extreme.
- The feeling of loneliness is widespread. On average, 33% of patients feel lonely, with varying levels of loneliness across countries, ranging from 21% in Portugal to 48% in the UK.
- The different levels of well-being felt vary widely by country, probably in relation to cultural factors.
- Understanding how psoriasis affects well-being could reduce differences in happiness levels. Indeed, almost half of the patients who think that the medical profession does not understand the impact of the disease on their well-being have a happiness level that is 21% lower. Conversely, more than half of the patients who feel they are understood by health professionals have a level of happiness reduced by only 3%.
- Up to 35.6% of patients with psoriasis could come out of difficult living conditions by limiting their extreme stress.
- Up to 12.9% of patients with psoriasis may no longer suffer from harsh living conditions by limiting their extreme loneliness.
Thanks to Psohappy, patients and doctors could better understand the impact of psoriasis on happiness and well-being and act together for a better quality of life.
A strong argument to encourage the maximum number of patients to participate in the study …
Other recommended articles:
Thanks for reading
So, this shows that psoriasis and happiness can be managed. If you know of any other natural remedies and would like to share them with us, you are welcome to do so here below. Any questions? Please use the box below and I, or someone, will respond as soon as possible. If you are creating your own psoriasis home remedies that work, please do share them with us. Also feel free to share this socially. I will be very much appreciate it!
As a Premium Member of Wealthy Affiliate, I am learning how to share my passions with the world. I am inviting you to join my team and learn how to become successful in business and retire early.
It is 100% FREE to join, learn and earn! Click the button below and I’ll see you on the other side.
Cure Psoriasis Holistically Copyright © 2017 to date.