Can Turmeric Help With Psoriasis?
Can turmeric help with psoriasis? This is a question I am often asked and I have questioned many psoriasis sufferers who have given it a try and received many positive and negative responses.
One of my readers has come up with an answer that I would like to share with you here. And of course, if you have something interesting to share with us, please do so at the bottom of this article, in the comments section.
Also, I’d like to remind you that if you want to know whenever I write a new blog post, all you need to do is to fill in the form which you will find in the right column.
So Catherine accepted for me to share her experience here, and how she dealt with her problem making use of Turmeric as a treatment.
“Back from vacation, I found that my scalp was in bad shape. I was pretty sure that it was psoriasis. It had been quiet for years.
Then, I found something interesting on the internet. It said that we can fight psoriasis naturally thanks to the virtues and properties of turmeric.
Turmeric is a yellow spice
It is commonly used in the cuisine of the Middle East. As a result, it is found everywhere and especially when Ramadan is around.
Here are the main properties and virtues of turmeric:
Turmeric has been in use for many years in Ayurvedic medicine for its anti-inflammatory properties, to fight against gastrointestinal problems, headaches, infections and colds …
- It has a very powerful anti-inflammatory power
- and is a cell protector: Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant
- a powerful antimicrobial and antiviral
- it regulates cancer activity
- has anti-ulcerative action
- it can naturally brighten hair
- and blondish white hair
- also gives a honey-colored reflection to the hair.
Can turmeric help with psoriasis?
- digestive disorders: nausea, feeling of overload, gastritis, loss of appetite
- inflammatory manifestations such as osteoarthritis, arthritis, dermatology in cutaneous inflammations
- possible protective role in the prevention of cancers, in particular of the colon.
I continued my research and then I discovered that for a long time it was used to treat psoriasis on various parts of the body as well as on the scalp, and naturally.
Its very powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and anti-viral action has a proven effect on psoriasis as well as various other skin problems.
We know that psoriasis is due to an acceleration of the skin cells renewal, forming a white thick very unattractive protuberance.
The precise origin of psoriasis is still unknown. However, it is known that it is triggered in people predisposed genetically under the influence of several factors:
- a psychological shock
- rubbing of clothes on the skin
- certain medicines
- some fragrances
- an infection (rhinopharyngitis, angina …)
Psoriasis is actually due to chronic inflammation
And psoriasis hates turmeric.
So there are poultices that can be created very simply and very quickly at home. In fact, they work very well.
So I decided to test that myself at home. Before it gets even worse, it is time to act.
Therefore, I ordered one pack of this turmeric root powder with curcumin from Amazon, and I prepared my mixture.
I only need:
- 1 packet of turmeric powder
- some water
1 teaspoon of the powder for 1 teaspoon of water.
- Heat the water in a small saucepan.
- As soon as the water quivers, put off the heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the powder and the water according to the desired quantity, the length of hair.
- Mix well to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Then with a kitchen brush, spread all over the roots and insist on patting the entire scalp.
- It is necessary to treat strands by strands by covering the roots on a good 1.5 cm (0.6 inch) in length.
Watch out for splashes and put on gloves!
Once all the hair have been treated with the mixture, wrap your hair regrouping them on the head with a layer of transparent plastic film (kind of microwavable film) and leave as is for about one to one and a half hour, depending on the length of your hair.
Beware of frontal run-outs, have some tissue ready just in case.
Once the treatment is complete, rinse with clean, lukewarm water taking some time to gently massage your scalp to get rid of the color of the turmeric and clumps of dandruff.
Then, wash your head gently with a good shampoo suitable for treating squamous states for severe itchy dandruff conditions. The one on the left is perfect.
Rinse well and repeat if traces of turmeric remain.
That’s it, I made the experience this morning and here is what I can report:
I completed the treatment by 11 am.
As of the first application I felt very quickly some kind of calming sensation of the scalp in the sense that it seems more relaxed, refreshed and especially less sensitive.
By noon, I felt the hydration of the scalp intensify, no itching, no more irritation.
I still have to wait another half an hour to see how things improve, I must admit, my hair reach to my shoulders, so it takes longer than for shorter hair.
Turmeric being a natural product, I do not have to worry about how long it stays on my hair before removing it.
After rinsing and washing, there should be improvements …
I have done this for several weeks and decided to share this experience with you as I know that psoriasis affects a lot of people and those who are affected on the body know how bad it can be. If you like to share this with your readers, you are welcome to do so.
Perhaps I am not the only one who is reading your blog to have this problem, maybe this little home remedy deserves to be shared if it works. It is a totally natural product, and repairing for cells by its properties.
Apart from that, it is ideal for those who have blonde highlights who want to brighten their hair naturally with beautiful hints of honey.
Okay, it’s time to report
So, can turmeric help with psoriasis? I am back for the first findings …
- First of all, I found a neat ravishing color of my strands
- The volume of the hair is more important
- My hair is soft to the touch, they are no longer dry at all
- They much easier to comb and get back into place in no time
But the most spectacular is the appearance of the scalp
- There is no longer this feeling of stretching
- The scalp seems relaxed but above all very hydrated
- The hair is not greasy
- No trace of turmeric, the scalp feels totally smooth and healthy
- No cracks or thick films
Before the treatment, the dander was already visible when drying hair!
I feel that there has been an application of a deep moisturizer. The scalp is now transformed, as if there was no more psoriasis.
I will wait a few days to see the evolution and if everything seems to be fine, I shall continue with my treatment.
Over the coming weeks, I will be more able to see the evolution of the effect of turmeric.
This morning, the scalp is incredibly supple, relaxed and the squamous aspect has clearly diminished. I only have micros plaques of lesions, the clumps of cells have totally disappeared. My psoriasis seems to have decreased by 90%. No itching at all and no feeling of dryness of the scalp.
It is phenomenal the results obtained from the first application. I have the sensation of having made a henna, the hair is soft, shiny, voluminous and my locks really revived.
It’s worth taking the risk of smelling like a curry for an hour and a half, as the results are fantastic.
Today I am at D Day + 6.
I am due to repeat the treatment tomorrow before shampooing. It is obvious that an improvement is ascertainable.
- On the most affected areas: I see a clear improvement.
- In less affected areas: everything has disappeared, the scalp has returned to its original appearance, it is incredible.
- The scalp is irrigated, less dry and especially no more itching.
- The hair is also less dry, without being oily.
- The skin drop stopped completely.
I have the feeling that if I stop the treatment, the problem will start again. So, I will continue for several weeks and see if I can stop this skin issue naturally.
The results obtained in a single application are promising. An initial natural shock treatment seems to be the answer, to be followed by a regular turmeric maintenance.
To all those who would be interested in a trial, do not hesitate to come and explain the beneficial impact you may have on your hair and scalp with severe dandruff or psoriasis.”
What do you think about Catherine’s experiment?
We would like you to share your impressions. Hence, if you plan to give it a try, please do share the results with us here.
Other recommended articles:
- How To Treat Nail Psoriasis – 5 Natural Remedies
- Dead Sea Salt And Psoriasis
- How to Treat Psoriasis in Ear Canal
And, don’t forget to join my mailing list so that you will be notified as soon as a new exciting article is available: