Recipe: Salmon marinade in citrus fruits and pickled kiwi.
Tips to prepare the best salmon marinade
Let the salmon to marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes so that is will have all the time to soak up all of the great flavors, but definitely not more than an hour. Marinating for longer may result in a soggy piece of fish. Remember to always marinate your salmon in the refrigerator so that it stays fresh. That is very important!
With only 5 minutes of prep time, this delectable and nutritious salmon marinade recipe is a flavorful and also an healthy way to enjoy a seafood feast. This is the best salmon marinade because of the simple, basic combination of lemon, ginger, herbs, and olive oil.
For a great meal that fits into your hectic schedule, serve the fish with a crusty baguette and a Caesar salad.
This salmon marinade recipe is for 6 servings
For the salmon marinade:
- Combine the coarse salt, sugar and zest of half an orange and a lime.
- Remove the skin from the salmon and cover it with this mixture on all sides.
- Leave to marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator, rinse it thoroughly and cut it into very thin slices (approximately 0.5cm).
For the pickles:
- Remove the skin from the Adour kiwis and cut them into sticks half a centimeter thick. Peel and cut the ginger into thin slices.
- Marinate for 1 hour in cider vinegar. Peel the beets and cut them into very thin slices using a mandolin.
Arrange the salmon in a rosette. Place the beet slices like petals on the salmon, pushing them down a bit to hold them together.
Add over the kiwi pickles. Drizzle with a drizzle of olive oil and a little ginger cider vinegar.
- 3 Kiwis
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- 600g fresh salmon
- 600g of coarse salt
- 300g of caster sugar
- 200g colored beets: red, yellow and Chiogga beet
- 30g of ginger
- 40cl of cider vinegar
- 20cl olive oil
For more yummy and healthy recipes ? click HERE!