Do you want to impress your family and friends? Here is the recipe for you. Very easy to prepare, ingredients available all year round in any supermarket, your local market place or even your village grocery shop. Have a go at this Mushroom macaroon with cream cheese and fresh herbs and surprise yourself and make an impression on your guests.
Perfect for any occasion as a starter. Your guests will talk about it for months, or even years to come, trust me!
Best served with a glass of a nice, chilled semi-sweet or slightly dry white wine. Your plate can even be decorated with salad leaves, vine leaves, or various herbs from your garden or windowsill. And don’t forget the candle lights if it is a dinner party …
Mushroom Macaroon With Cream Cheese and Fresh Herbs …
For 4 people – Preparation: 10 to 20 minutes
- Remove the mushroom stems and wash the heads under running water in a colander. Dry the mushroom caps with paper towel.
- Slightly cut the caps horizontally (strip side) so that the macaroon halves are even.
- With a spoon, place the cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Chop the chives very finely with a scissor (or a small kitchen knife) and mix them well with the cream cheese. Spread generously on 8 caps and cover each bottoms with a second top. It’s ready ! Serve the macaroons with a crunchy green salad.
- 16 button mushrooms (medium size)
- 1 punnet of fresh cheese (150g)
- 1 bunch of chives
- A colander
- Absorbent paper
- A large bowl
- A chisel (or small kitchen knife)
For more yummy and healthy recipes, click HERE!
You might also like: