Is CBD Oil Good For Psoriasis?
Is CBD oil good for psoriasis? A question that often comes in comments by readers of this blog and on the forums that I am a member of. So, I have finally done some in-depth research and today I am going to share my findings. Of course, all comments are welcome. Please share your ideas in the comments section below this article.
Treating an extreme medical condition with the help of toxic and addictive treatments has never been a good solution in the short and long term. Especially for people who are allergic to most of the chemical formulas they use.
These medications tend to cause more damage and side effects than real benefits. This is why scientists who have always spoken against these treatments tirelessly seek a natural remedy with a minimum of side effects and which would be as effective or even more effective than traditional medicine.
What is psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a severe condition of the skin that causes thick scaly patches on the skin. These plaques are due to over-stimulation of skin cell growth that no longer allows the skin to control its growth, so they appear as scratchy red patches.
Although generally the plaques appear on the upper body some cases report plaques on the genital areas, causing extreme torture for these people, both physically and mentally.
Despite the fact that psoriasis is not considered curable, its symptoms can be slowed down and controlled by using treatments such as Cannabidiol or CBD oil which has very interesting abilities in the treatment of skin conditions without any side effects.
Is CBD oil good for psoriasis?
According to science, no natural or non-natural compound is currently able to cure psoriasis, the disease tends to worsen over time and can become very serious without any treatment. While CBD oil is known for its effectiveness in treating and curing other diseases, psoriasis is not part of this list.
However the properties of CBD oil could reduce the symptoms of the disease and slow the excessive growth of cancer cells.
It may not seem like much, but the slightest thing that can help reduce the pain is good, in comparison to other treatments that do not cure or relieve symptoms and have side effects. It is CBD oil that has established itself as the only real solution for patients suffering from psoriasis and its effects such as itching, bleeding or depression.
The endocannabinoid system
CBD is a natural compound extracted from cannabis hemp, it is a very useful compound for many reasons, the main being the nature of its relationship with cannabinoids naturally produced by the human body: the endocannabinoids.
The endocannabinoid system of the body comes into direct contact with the ingredients of the CBD oil and thus allows to benefit from all its advantages such as the relief of the pain, the reduction of the itching and the mental well being.
This is the main reason for the effectiveness of CBD oil compared to other compounds. Its natural connection to the human body allows it to work much more effectively with the human body and the endocannabinoid system.
Why can CBD treat psoriasis?
CBD oil has incredible benefits thanks to the natural properties of cannabis which has several compounds such as THC (tetrahydrocannabinol).
While the body’s endocannabinoid system allows it to relieve pain and other psoriasis-related symptoms, CBD oil has many equally interesting properties. Here is the scientific explanation of each:
- Anti-inflammatory: CBD oil has natural anti-inflammatory properties that can counter the symptoms of psoriasis that cause red patches associated with strong internal and external inflammation. It is also the inflammation that causes the plaques to thicken and bleed in some cases.
- Reduces cell overgrowth: CBD oil helps reduce cell growth by controlling the body’s cell production system via the endocannabinoid system. In this way the disease is slowed down and this relieves the pains and the thickening of the red patches.
- Relieves pain: CBD oil was first known to relieve pain in patients with chronic pain and conditions such as arthritis. It is for this reason that it is used in the treatment of psoriasis, the patients suffer from strong pains when the plates start to itch and bleed (this causes an internal reaction which weakens the muscles and increases the pain).
- Controls the Immune System: CBD oil controls the body’s immune system, which is weakened by psoriasis and contributes to the suffering of the patient.
- Effects on the mind: Psoriasis can cause depression, stress and anxiety, these areas can be treated by CBD oil which through its connection with the endocannabinoid system can influence brain cells and stimulate cells of joy and pleasure, which greatly reduces the states of depression and anxiety.
Even though CBD oil cannot cure psoriasis, it can help reduce its symptoms and prevent the spread of the disease.
Where to find Cannabidiol (CBD) products
Cannabidiol, also known as CBD, is nothing like cannabis. Okay, it comes from Cannabis Sativa L and can be found naturally in a classic “joint”.
But if cannabis is illegal, mainly for recreational use and has a deplorable image, the CBD is full of modernity. Becoming a legal product in many countries now, due to its recognised benefits.
Controlling the effects of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and totally devoid of psychotropic effects, the plethora of its therapeutic virtues are no longer to demonstrate.
On Amazon for example, in addition to finding all the information about medicinal marijuana, you can also buy the CBD products you need.
Whether as a treatment to help you sleep; lose weight; relieve your osteoarthritis; your Parkinson’s disease; or even reduce the proliferation of cancer cells, CBD treatment may be able to offer you effective and natural remedy.
What if you do not want to buy your CBD on the internet?
You are looking for CBD, but you do not want to buy on the Internet? You are right: we do not buy cannabidiol as we would buy a pair of shoes.
But, it is now easy to find CBD products legally in most major cities. Whether it’s a small shop offering vaping products in a small town; or in a larger shopping center located in the city and offering various varieties of CBD oils.
Conventional stores offer more and more of these products. Even the tobacconists seem to have it!
The advantage of an order on the internet?
However, ordering and buying directly on the Internet has significant advantages. Starting with the diversity of the product. Organic or not. Low or high concentration of CBD. Legal THC rate. Or even competitive rate, are all reasons that push the buyer to make his purchase on the web.
My 4 tips to buy your CBD product
- If you turn to a treatment with cannabidiol, then it is likely that you have fallen for its natural side; and no adverse effects. However, you should know that the majority of oils on the market have been extracted with chemical solvents. Want to continue doing in the natural? So prefer a CO2 extraction.
- With the same principle in mind, it may be advisable to ensure that the hemp used does not possess harmful substances such as pesticides. In other words: that it is organic.
- Third advice and not least: pay attention to the concentration of THC! In order for your product to be legal in your country, or even state if you live in the US. Its tetrahydrocannabinol content must not exceed the legal percentage. All these data should show on the description of the product.
- Finally, beware of miracle cures. Often CBD has conclusive effects, yes, but consulting a health professional before taking regular CBD is a necessity.
Other recommended articles:
- How To Treat Nail Psoriasis – 5 Natural Remedies
- Essential Oils To Help With Psoriasis
- 7 Best Home Remedies For Psoriasis
- What is CBD Oil? – Is It Changing Lives?
And, don’t forget to join my mailing list so that you will be notified as soon as a new exciting article is posted:
Thanks for reading
Is CBD oil good for psoriasis? I guess that this article has fully answered this question. If you know of any other natural remedies and would like to share them with us, you are welcome to do so here below. Any questions?
Please use the box below and I, or someone, will respond as soon as possible. If you are creating your own psoriasis home remedies that work, please do share them with us. Also feel free to share this socially. I will be very much appreciate it!
As a Premium Member of Wealthy Affiliate, I am learning how to share my passions with the world. I am inviting you to join my team and learn how to become successful in business and retire early.
It is 100% FREE to join, learn and earn! Click the button below and I’ll see you on the other side.
Cure Psoriasis Holistically Copyright © 2017 to date.